I have a confession. I love soap bars. Contrary to what people may have to say about soap bars making your skin dry, I am still utterly fond of soap bars. There is something magical and happy when washing up with a bar of soap.
However, I draw a line when it comes to the usage of soaps on my face since I have a history of eczema and of late skin has certainly turned a wee more sensitive ever since I started my hyperthyroid medications. So how do I review the Gamila Secret Cleansing Bar? I had to contemplate between using it on my face or to use the hubster as the tester. Knowing well that I really can't rely on him to use Gamila Secret as "prescribed", I reckon no harm testing it myself since I can always stop if it didn't work on me. Plus the literature online seemed promising:D
Online information that I found:
• Gamila Secret Cleansing Bar is made of no less than fifteen handpicked active wild herbs in a base of shea butter and six pure vegetable oils.
• Among the herbs: Roman nettle, Lavender, Chamomile, Rosemary, Vervain, Sage, Rue and Pistachio.
• Minimum of 80% Pure Virgin Oil (Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Avocado Oil, Laurel Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Grape Seed Oil and Shea Butter)
• The soap is handmade which includes 40 hours cooking process, a period of 4 to 6 months for drying, stamping and curving the edges.
• Cleanses and nourishes our skin. Also believed to have healing properties.
• Applicable for people who has skin problems or sensitive skin
Sounds good to me!
There are 10 variants to choose from. Different cleansing bars with different essential oils to address the different skin needs.
10 variants for you to choose.
Each variant has its own benefit
Based on my skin condition and of course making a review easier, the Original which is unscented was chosen for me. Its also free of added essential oils making it suitable even for infant and sensitive skins (in my case my eczema tendencies).
This sampler Gamila Secret Original Cleansing Bar 30g is RM66. Quite a good idea to start off with this size instead of the regular bar priced between RM119 and RM166.
I must admit that the method to use Gamila Secret Cleansing Bar involves a few more steps that my usual cleansing gel. So even if one is lazy...there is no short cut to using it. Neither are we encouraged to mix the Gamila Secret Cleansing Bar with other cleansers during the first 28 days. This is to minimise negative side effects.
(1) Moisten the cleansing bar with warm water between hands. This is to activate the active ingredients in the cleansing bar.
(2) Rub the cleansing bar until it produces a slimy foam.
(3) Apply the creamy foam on your damp face or body.
(4) Massage for approximately 15 seconds. You can leave it on your skin a little longer too.
(5) Rinse off.
(6) Follow with your usual toner and moisturiser steps.
So what do I think of it? Love the soap except for the extra steps needed to lather it before using. The results after 30 days
This is me immediately after washing my face and without any moisturisers etc. No photoshop etc except to brightened the picture as it was a tad underexposed. My struggles has always been pimple marks that take quite some time to heal. The spots on the left are my skin tags while the spots on the right are old pimple dark marks.
One month down the street, the marks have lightened a little. Skin feels less oily too.
My thoughts on the Gamila Secret Cleansing Bar:
• Love the clean feeling after using it. Skin is not taut.
• I did not experience any skin peel or outbreaks like some fellow girlfriends had during their initial use of the cleansing bar. Perhaps my skin is relatively clean and not clogged since I rarely use makeup and only maintain a simple routine of cleanse, tone and moisturise. Not much of a serum etc etc user as I am just far too lazy:P
• Hate the idea that I have to spend almost 15 seconds to lather the cleansing bar to produce a creamy lather.
• Travelling with a bar of soap is not practical. This was my greatest challenge as I travelled quite a bit during my 30 days trial.
• Its important to keep the cleansing bar dry. So if you use it in the shower, close the soap dish immediately after you have used the bar or else the cleansing bar will "dissolve" quite easily.
Would I continue using it? Definitely a yes when I am at home but I will revert to using my tube or bottle cleansers when I am travelling or at the gym.
Gamila Secret is available at:
• Parkson Sunway Pyramid
• Myoga The Gardens Mid Valley
Hop by to http://gamilasecret.my/ and https://www.facebook.com/gamilasecret.my to know more about Gamila Secret.
Like this post? Head on to Missyblurkit and show some love!