So decided that I will make butter cookies as pressies for the humans and furkids. The idea is a 2 in 1 that both can share and eat. Yeah yeah...I am the crazy dog lady who bakes for her furkids! But guess what, this butter cookies is really yummy even without the need for sugar per se. Eat less sugar and be healthier!
• 600g gluten or wheat free flour (use normal flour if you like) (I've also used almond flour before)
• 250g butter (always use good butter)
• 2 drops vanilla extract (or make your own with vanilla pods available at good grocers and baking shops)
• Carob chips (Chocolate is poisonous to dogs!)
• Cold water
• Soften butter.
• Sieve flour into butter.
• Add in vanilla extract and honey.
• Mix well until its nice and crumbly.
• Separate dough into little balls the size of your cupped palm.
• Flatten the dough and cover with parchment paper. Keep in freezer for 30 minutes.
• Cut out with cookie cutter.
Bought these DRÖMMAR pastry cutters from IKEA for RM29.90. Love the different shapes and sizes. WIll be using the largest one for a new recipe that I have in mind for my CNY project.• Bake at 150C for 7 minutes. Bake longer if you like it crispy. I like them crumbly.
Because its meant to be my Christmas gift to our pals with furkids, I have opted to pack them in lil airtight glass jars that I found in IKEA when I went there to check out their advent specials with something offered at a special price each day. Check out:
Buy some ribbons and strings to make your own ribbon. Its Christmas and let your creativity go free with the use of different colours, textures and materials.
Like this post? Head on to Missyblurkit and show some love!
Butter cookies with carob chips.