Witty and charming aptly describes Aaron Craze from Rude Boy Food. Met him last month and had the pleasure of watching him cook before us. And since we were seated relatively a few arms away from him, we tasted what he personally cooked too!
Highly energetic and funny like his mentor Jamie Oliver, I could watch this hot chef all day long. Totally entertaining but most importantly, practical and simple cooking that even klutzy me can handle in the kitchen. You can catch Aaron on the Asian Food Channel @ Astro Channel 703 every Thursday at 11.00pm.
Meanwhile, here's the pics from the session with Aaron and I have also included the recipe for the super simple Mexican Beef Tortilla with Tomato Salsa and Sour Cream.
The boy is so energetic in the kitchen.
Mexican Beef Tortilla with Tomato Salsa
Playfully cute while he demonstartes how easy it is to make our own pasta.
Gotta love his fashion sense!
tadaaaaaa...we dig into the ravioli that Aaron made. Its utterly delicious, rich melt in your mouth. Orgasmic!
Unbaked Lemongrass Cheesecake with Amoretti Bisciot Base for dessert before we chat up Aaron. A simple 'anyone can make it' type of cheesecake.
Unbaked Lemongrass Cheesecake with Amoretti Bisciot Base made by the students of Berjaya University College of Hospitality.
Totally relaxed after 3 dishes.
Cuteness...yes I salute you Aaron!
Hmmm...what's in his mind?
At ease and relaxed. Cute rude boy!
Smitten yet? I am!
Another hot chef with tatoos!
And the recipe for the Mexican Tortilla with Tomato Salsa and Sour Cream. Seriously easy to make. I would skip the sour cream at home and just opt for some Greek Yogurt for a healthier touch.
Ingredients (Makes 6 servings)
(1) Beef Tortilla
• Filling- 600g beef skirt
• Olive oil
• Salt and pepper
• ½ white onion, roughly chopped
• 2 red tomatoes, chopped
• 1 bunch of coriander, finely chopped
• 6 tortilla wraps
• 1 lemon
• 400ml tin of chopped tomatoes
• Bunch of coriander, stalks finely chopped
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
• 1 chili
• Sour cream
(1) Beef tortilla)
• Bash out the beef skirt as thinly as possible / or get a butcher to. Drizzle on some olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
• Put the seasoned beef skirt onto a hot griddle or pan to sear.
• Once cooked, remove from the heat and chop the beef skirt up on a board to create a mince.
• Mix the mince together with the white onion, red tomatoes, salsa and coriander.
• Squeeze lemon into the mixture and serve topped with coriander, wrapped in a tortilla.
• Add sour cream.
• Sweat off the onion, garlic, chili and coriander stalks.
• Add tinned tomatoes and cook for 20 minutes.
• Leave to cool.
Catch Aaron Craze on the Asian Food Channel @ Astro Channel 703 every Thursday at 11.00pm. You will be totally blown away by his style of fresh ingredients and bold flavours. Of course his witty style too! For more information on Aaron Craze hop over to www.asianfoodchannel.com/aaroncraze
Love this post? Head on over to Missyblurkit to show some love and also to check out full set of photos Aaron Craze: Rude Boy Cooks